Studies show that anything floating in the air does so because it is ‘positively charged’ – this includes dusts, pollens, nasty odours, viruses, bacteria, germs and even toxic residues and emissions from household furnishings. Odours remain because they have a positive charge.
All of these toxins present a potential health risk as they live in the air you breathe.
Beeswax is said to be a natural ioniser – emitting negative ions when burned/melted. It helps to purify your air of dust, pollen, odours, toxins, mould and mildew whilst leaving a light, natural honey scent (more noticeable in the “Pure” fragrance melt). It does this by emitting negative ions which then bind with the positive ions, creating a complete molecule, which is heavier than air and falls to the ground.
Beeswax gets very hot! It has a much higher melting point than other waxes, so care should be taken when handling containers of hot beeswax.